Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
For this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, I tried to keep most of my resolutions book-related, with a few aspects from my personal life.
- I resolve to keep up with this blog and maintain a consistent posting schedule. I really don’t want to slack off with maintaining this blog, no matter how busy or hectic my life gets. The least I can do is write and schedule posts in advance, and I’m resolving to make sure I can stick to this.
- I resolve to finish all the recently released installments of my favorite series that I haven’t been able to read. The Throne of Glass series is one of my all time favorite series, and I have yet to read Queen of Shadows- the same goes for The Lunar Chronicles, where I still haven’t read Winter. This year, I want to make time for myself to be able to finish these books instead of constantly pushing them aside and getting caught up in other activities.
- I resolve to complete my Goodreads Reading Challenge of 50 books. I underestimated my workload for 2015 and ended up giving myself the challenge of reading 75 books- which I didn’t even come close to meeting. For 2016, I hope to be able to keep up with and complete my challenge.
- I resolve to complete all the unread books on my bookshelf. I really don’t have too much of a problem with this, as I usually read a book as soon as I receive it. However, there are more books on my bookshelf that I haven’t read than I’d like, so I really want to make sure I complete them all.
- I resolve to participate in more blog tours. I’ve only completed one blog tour so far- the Golden blog tour for Melinda Michaels, but I’d love to complete more, as I really enjoyed being able to be a tour stop.
- I resolve to complete more review requests. I actually receive a pretty substantial amount of review requests, so I’d like to be able to read and review more books that I get requested to review.
- I resolve to participate in more read-a-thons. Read-a-thons tend to be tricky, as the timeframe may be during a time where I’m particularly busy, but I’d still like to be able to participate in more of them.
- I resolve to read more biographies/autobiographies. I’ve always loved reading biographies/autobiographies, but it’s too often that I’ll set them aside and elect to read a YA book instead- I’d like to read more biographies/autobiographies this year.
- I resolve to start an active bookclub. This is something that I’ve really been thinking about doing. I’ve been wanting to start a book club specifically for students who love reading but have trouble finding the time to read without sacrificing the schoolwork (like myself).
- I resolve to begin a BookTube channel (?). This resolution is really up in the air, as I’m still not sure if this is something I’d like to do, so we’ll see how it goes as the year progresses.