I’m really happy to have been nominated for the Liebster Award, since it’s my first ever blogger award! A huge thank you to The Inky Awkto for nominating me, and for all the interesting questions.
This award is given to smaller bloggers to help gain recognition and also bring the book community closer together.
1. Acknowledge the blog(s) that nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
5. Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
1. When you were a child, what were your interests?
When I was younger, I did a lot of reading, writing and swimming! I was definitely outside a lot.
2. When did you discover your passion for reading?
I discovered my passion for reading as a toddler – my parents would read to me for hours every night, and even before I learned to read, I would memorize books (Cat In the Hat, I’m looking at you) and recite them along with them. I’ve been in love with reading ever since.
3. You just came home from a long day of school/work, what’s your go to meal for days like this?
I usually head straight for a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich – a timeless childhood favorite of mine (which is interesting because I hate raw tomatos, but love tomato sauce, salsa, tomato in sandwiches, etc.???).
4. Got any other hobbies besides being a book blogger?
I also write for Woke Culture, a site dedicated to spreading awareness for social and global issues, and debate/practice for debate/research for cases (my life basically revolves around debate).
5. If you were ruler of the world for a day, what laws would you enforce?
That… is a lot of pressure to be putting on my decidedly unqualified shoulders. I would probably enforce things that I rarely see enforced in the world around me – like anti-bigotry laws, anti-animal abuse laws, etc. Basically, I’d prefer it if people weren’t assholes.
6. Would you rather go on a quest with a morally ambiguous antagonist or with a conceited protagonist?
I think I’d have fun with a morally ambiguous antagonist. But that would probably mess things up a bit for me when it comes to my quest 😂
7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
Being completely honest, it would probably be something along the lines of mind control (compulsion from Vampire Academy??) or mind reading, but both of those things sound really invasive 😅
8. How do you organize your books? By cover colour? By authors’ last names?
My shelves are a literal mess right now because I ran out of room for all my books a while ago and need another bookcase, so all my books are double stacked. But once I get my second bookcase, I plan on organizing my books by genre.
9. What’s your favourite book trope?
Hidden heart of gold is an eternal favorite – but not necessarily when it comes to romance/romantic leads (… Jace Wayland). For example, one of my favorite portrayals of this trope is seen in Rosa from The Book Thief. She seems to be brusque and harsh, but she’s so soft for the people she loves, and a genuinely good person.
Also… it’s not a coincidence that Ronan Lynch is my favorite Raven boy.
10. Do you have any book tropes you dislike?
I absolutely despise Instalove and Mary-Sue (for any gender) tropes.
11. Beep boop. You have been turned into a robot, what is your first order of business?
This took me a while to think about, but I think I would install Google in my ‘brain’ as a database. That would be pretty convenient, and that’s pretty much all I’ve got!
1. I’m a fast reader (about 100 pages an hour, give or take a few) – I never worked on speedreading, I’ve just always read quickly. It doesn’t hinder my overall comprehension of the book, and I pick up the smallest of details just as the slowest of readers would.
2. I can type on both my phone and laptop without looking and usually while carrying out a conversation, and it freaks my friends out to no end.
3. I’m pescetarian (as of July 2015) and am thinking about going vegan. I would really, really miss sushi, though.
4. I love to write, and do it often! I wrote my first ‘novel’ (I use the term loosely) when I was in grade 5 – the document has since been locked and will never see the light of day, if I can help it.
5. Kind of going off of #4, I’ve regularly kept journals since grade 5. My favorite journals to use for the past 3 years have been the Moleskine ones – I have pink, black, green, grey, and now black again.
6. I’m running out of ideas. I’m a Scorpio! My best friend is an Aries, and we’re planning to get matching constellation tattoos- hers of Scorpio, mine of Aries.
7. I’m not sure if I’ve ever said this on this blog, but I’m a WoC (Korean-American), so PoC representation in YA books is extremely important to me and makes me very happy.
8. On that note, basically any representation of marginalized/underrepresented groups makes me very happy. I’m all for that LGBTQIA+ representation, disability representation – I just really like seeing representation.
9. I own Ginny Weasley’s wand from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in LA (to be specific: from the Wizarding World’s gift shop. I have yet to pay a visit to the actual Wizarding World!).
10. I’m in need of a new TV show to watch (I watch(ed) The 100, Agents of Shield, Teen Wolf, The Vampire Diaries, Grey’s Anatomy), so please recommend me some good ones!
11. I want a remake of The Percy Jackson movies so badly. Preferably as a TV show this time.
1. What is your Hogwarts house?
2. If you could live in any fictional world, what would it be?
3. If you could try any fictional food, what would it be? (For example, I would kill to try some of the Capitol foods depicted in The Hunger Games)
4. Would you rather only read books from your favorite genre for the rest of your life, or only read books from genres other than your favorite one?
5. If you had to lose any of your 5 senses, which would it be?
6. Your favorite fictional squad? (ex: the Golden Trio, the Raven Boys ft. Blue, Will + Jem + Tessa, etc.)
7. Would you rather have all book adaptations be movies or TV shows?
8. If you could date any fictional character, who would it be?
9. Who’s your ultimate OTP?
10. If you could pair two characters from different books, who would they be?
11. Favorite icecream flavor?
- Makayla @ Invisible Reads
- Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews
- Jen’s Bookish Journey
- Doven @ The Reading Dove