Thank you so much to Amylee @ The Book Lagoon for nominating me for this award! Her blog is amazing (and so aesthetically pleasing), so you should definitely go check it out.
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thnk the person that has nominated you.
- Share 7 different facts about yourself .
- Nominate 15 blogs of your choice.
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination.
The 7 Facts:
(God, I’m always the worst at coming up with facts about myself)
1. My Hogwarts house is
(Sorry, brief interjection. Before I actually get on with telling you all what my Hogwarts house is, I had to note how typical it is of me to begin this by talking about Harry Potter. Anyway, back to the fact:)
I used to be convinced that I was a Gryffindor, since I loved the golden trio + Ginny so much, so you can only imagine 10-year-old me’s surprise when I was instead sorted into Slytherin. This was back before I really understood the core characteristics of Slytherins (cunning, resourcefulness, ambition), and thought that all of Slytherin was an evil house and that all Slytherins were like Lucius Malfoy or Voldemort. It all makes a lot more sense now.
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You’ll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.
– The Sorting Hat song of 1991.
2. One of my favorite TV shows is Game of Thrones
I thought that I should devote a fact to Game of Thrones, in honor of its return! If you also love the show, feel free to conspire with me in the comments about who you think will end up with the Iron Throne. For reference: my favorite characters are Sansa and Margaery, and I’m also very fond of Arya and Dany.
3. I consume a lot of Starbucks
A lot of Starbucks. Which I feel bad about for several reasons, but I suspect that this problem will remain out of hand until I move and manage to find a smaller, indie coffee shop to spend all my time in.
4. I really, really love art
Not in the sense of creation – it’s kind of pathetic how I can’t manage to draw an adequate stick figure. But in all other senses, I adore art. I was raised to be this way by my minored-in-art-history mother (who can actually create art), and my favorite art movement is neoclassical.
5. I can hold my breath for a little over 2 minutes
As long as I’m underwater! For context, I used to swim competitively (as a result, I’m quite fond of my lungs).
6. I’m a pescetarian – which is a complicated sounding term that means I’m a vegetarian who also eats seafood
I don’t eat meat for a lot of reasons (personal, practical, ethical, etc.), but I can’t find it in me to give up seafood just yet – it’s sushi, honestly. It’s my favorite food in the world (but I’m working on it!).
7. I have a Maltese-Poodle mix named Snow, who I’m obsessed with
My dog just wandered into my room (I always leave my door open a crack, because she likes to push it open and come in as she pleases), so I thought I’d give her honorable mention. Her name is Snow, which really reflects the creative capacity of a 10 year old, and I love her to pieces.
- I honestly can’t even keep track of everyone who’s done this! Basically, if we interact frequently (or if I like a lot of your posts), I probably adore your blog and nominate you!