Thank you so much to Fatima @ NoteablePad for nominating me for this award! She’s genuinely the sweetest human being, so be sure to check out her post and her blog.
THE RULES :
- Announce your win with a post, and link the blogger who nominated you.
Include the featured image on your blog post.
- Nominate 10 bloggers (or as many as you can think of) and link your awardees in the post.
- List seven (7) things you love about yourself. (This can be about your appearance, your personality, your achievements, etc.)
- Don’t use negative connotation (i.e. Don’t say things like – “I’m prettier than an average person.” or “People have told me I’m smart.” You are pretty. You are smart.)
I’m not going to lie – this was pretty stressful for me to think about. I’m more used to criticizing myself than I am to complimenting myself, so I really struggled with coming up with 7 things that I love about myself. It’s kind of sad, because I am 100% all for self-love, and think that it’s incredibly important and empowering – but when it comes to myself, it can be hard to be kind.
The traits I talk about are the ones that I love the most and find the most important – there are other things that I may be proud of (like I’m proud that I’m a smart person – which is an interesting thing to be proud of, if you really think about, haha – but there are other things that I value more than being smart) but these are the things that I genuinely love about myself because I find them to be really important for people to have.
7 Things I Love About Myself
1. I love my sense of humor. And I know that 90% of the time I’m the only one who thinks I’m hilarious, but I know that I’m genuinely a pretty funny (albeit sarcastic) and witty person.
2. I love how compassionate I am. I’ve always been an extremely compassionate person, and I continue to be – from my view on politics to my view on literally anything, I’ve always genuinely cared about people and other people’s wellbeing, and I hope that’s something I never lose.
3. I love how passionate I am. This is really similar to the compassionate thing, but yeah. When I care about something, I tend to be extremely passionate about it.
4. I love my legs. First physical trait, nice! But yeah – I’ve always been told that I have good legs, and it’s one of the things I appreciate most about myself. I really do love my legs!
5. I love that I’m good at debate. This one is a bit more out there, but it’s true – being good at debate is one of the things that I genuinely take pride in, and it’s something that makes me feel so good about myself. There are very few things that feel better than when I’ve won a debate tournament.
6. I love how resilient I am. I don’t want to get too into this one, but something I’ve learned over the years is that I’m a very resilient person. And I love that about myself.
7. I love how resourceful I am. I always manage to use what I have to find a way to help myself or do what I need to do. Along with this, I’m really independent, and both my independence and resourcefulness are things that work well together.
I really love this award, and think it’s important for us all to recognize and identify the things that we love about ourselves! If I don’t nominate you for whatever reason but you still want to go through with this, then here: I give you an honorary nomination!
- Makayla @ Invisible Reads
- Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews
- Liam @ Hey Ashers!
- Louise @ geniereads
- Amy @ inkyspells
- Yasmin & Paige @ The Wild Readers
- Reg @ She Latitude
- Jacquie @ Rattle the Stars
- Jorelene @ Page Chronicles
- Amylee @ The Book Lagoon
- The Little Squid