A huge thank you to Poulami @ Daydreaming Books for tagging me! All of these book tags are getting me more excited for summer – which is impressive because honestly, it’s my least favorite season.
**Edit: for some reason, my answers to this tag had all gotten deleted! I’ve re-added them – sorry for the confusion.
1. Show a book with a Summery cover! i.e Sun, Beach etc.
The first book I think of when I think ‘summer’ is definitely Summer Days and Summer Nights, edited by Stephanie Perkins – the cover is adorable, and everything about it screams summer.
2. Pick one fictional place that would be the perfect destination for your Summer Vacation.
For my summer vacation, my ideal destination would probably be Stanwich, Connecticut, as seen in Morgan Matson’s Since You’ve Been Gone and The Unexpected Everything – so much happens in Stanwich, and amazing friendships and relationships always seem to form. I’d love to be able to visit Stanwich for a summer and hang out at the Orchard.
3. You’re about to go on a flight to your Summer Vacation. But you want to read a book that lasts for the whole flight so what novella do you choose?
Without a doubt, The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas. It’s a collection of the Throne of Glass novellas, and I always love reading these novellas and gaining further insight into Celaena’s past. Plus, these novellas are just really well written.
4. You have a case of Summertime Sadness – what happy book do you pick up to shine a smile on your face?
For a happy read, I’ll definitely pick up one of Morgan Matson’s books – they’re my favorite summer contemporaries, and honestly just some of the best reads.
5. You’re sitting at the beach all alone…which fictional character would be your beach babe?
I actually don’t know – maybe Clark from The Unexpected Everything, since I just finished reading that book!
6. To match your ice cream you want an icy cool sidekick! Which fictional sidekick do you pick?
Definitely Ron Weasley from The Harry Potter series – he’s just one of my favorite characters in general. It makes me really upset that he’s so underappreciated, and I would love to be able to spend time with him. I’m pretty sure he’d make me laugh a lot 😂
This was such a great summer tag! I know a lot of my friends in the blogging world are actually Australian, so this tag wouldn’t apply to them – this limits the amount of people I can tag, but oh well!