A huge thank you to Liam @ Hey Ashers!, the creator of this award and one of my favorite people ever, for nominating me! This is such a brilliant and fun award, and I had so much fun creating this post.
- Collect any number of images that you feel represent you as a person—your personality, aspirations, favorite things, anything at all that makes you you.
- Put your chosen images together into a collage of whatever size and shape you find pleasing.
- Share your masterpiece with everyone, in all the places.
- Maybe nominate other bloggers as a way to tell them, “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.”
- Share these rules (and maybe the below tips, if you’re feeling helpful).
- Find inspiration by spending (minimum) three hours scrolling through aesthetic Tumblr posts relevant to you.
- Two great places to hunt for pictures are Pinterest and WeHeartIt. Pinterest requires an account; WeHeartIt does not.
- PicMonkey’s collage editor is free to use and doesn’t require an account, heck yes. YouTube has plenty of tutorials on how to use it; I watched this one (which begins with tips on how to find decent photos).
My aesthetic includes
- political discourse (not because it’s fun – because it’s actually super stressful – but because I think it’s necessary) + statement t-shirts,
- my Slytherin house pride,
- writing letters by hand to the people I love,
- maps + travelling + planning + writing,
- my cultural pride + racial identity as a Korean-American,
- coffee and tea (lots of it),
- and toeing the carefully drawn border between all that is and all that could be. To put it in a much less pretentious way, I love magical realism.
I loved participating in this award so much – it was so much fun to really sit down and create a moodboard that I felt represented who I am. Even if I didn’t nominate you, feel free to participate in this! I hope everyone has a great day 🙂